It's The First Week of Summer Vacation

"Mom! I am bored. What are we going to do today? There isn't anything interesting going on! What can I do now?" Sound familiar? Tired of the Mall? Moms in my neighborhood have heard the same thing. During summer vacations the kids really want some structure to their activities. Not as much as during school but some. Due to budgets, we can't really afford camps on a weekly basis. I found out that lots of moms have great ideas for crafts, trips, and other ideas that don't break the bank. I wanted to put some of those ideas into one place for the Moms of Northern Virginia especially those of us who live in Loudoun County. I also wanted to put some great day trip activites on this blog that aren't just in DC or inside the beltway. There are great trips and activities not just here in Loudoun County but in the Shenandoah Valley area as well. Please feel free to add new ideas, activities, trips, and other fun stuff! I wanted to put all my notes in one place with this blog, and I don't mind sharing! Think of this as a Mom's Guide To Survive The Summer With Your Kids!!!!! Enjoy!

Ann

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome!

If you are viewing this blog--thank you for the visit. I wanted to put all my notes of great day trips, crafts, and other activities in one place. The moms in my neighborhood gave me the idea to create this blog because most of them were starting to think about what to do with the kids this summer. They have a few ideas, and I was rolling ideas right off the top of my head. Because I have survived two summers without using daycamps (well--maybe vacation bible schools!) with my kids, I have come up with some good ideas that are all in one place that won't break the bank and keep the kids entertained--maybe!!!!!! Many of the trips are within an hour of Loudoun County/Leesburg, VA. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment